Sunday, September 19, 2010

Fleeting Immersion

Friday night was the Fleeting Immersion show, which was great! The opening was pretty busy (below is an early photo) and there were lots of folks that I recognized (TV, comedians, etc.) so that was exciting. But the best people that I recognized were people who came to see ME! Lori and her friend came by (and found some must-have items).

Fleeting Immersion Show


Miss Bliss and Kate (the photographer) also came. They're the best!
Fleeting Immersion Show


Ryan and Bliss are as excited as I am to see my art installed (next to Mr Toast!)
Fleeting Immersion Show


And then Giggly Mama and the Family! Her husband and brother-in-law came along too -- a 6 hour drive! I couldn't believe it! So exciting to see them!
Fleeting Immersion Show


I even had the opportunity to meet Chris Hardwick (aka: the Nerdist) who was super warm and charming and pretty much exactly what you'd expect. I think I even cajoled him into letting me make him something so that both members of Hard n'Phirm have a piece of my artwork.
Fleeting Immersion Show

After the show, the group went over to the French Market for a late dinner. Kate and Bliss brought me birthday gifts (!!). Miss Bliss stitched this adorable piece that says "I craft so no one has to die" - so perfect!

And Kate brought me these adorable breakfast keychains! One is French Toast and one is a Happy Waffle - seriously, could these be any cuter??

Me and Shannon after eating our late night breakfast.
After Party at the French Market Cafe

The whole group was laughing and chatting. It was so much fun to see everyone!
After Party at the French Market Cafe
A HUGE thank you to everyone who came out to the gallery opening! And don't forget that all of the pieces will be available for sale online after the show closes -- go take a peek at the Tinklark Gallery and sign up for the mailing list to be informed when everything is available to buy!

No comments:

LinkWithin