Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Find a friend!

I was recently in Chicago (more on that later!) to meet up with some awesome like-minded folks that I met over in the Phat Quarter on Flickr. Shannon and I were the only non-locals who showed up, except Mr X Stitch himself who winged it all the way from the UK! While we were there, everyone kept asking "why don't we do this more often?" and it made me think about the stitchers in my area, mainly the fact that I don't know who or where they are!

SO! I have created a Google Map that anyone can contribute to. If you'd be interested in finding some local folks, check the map! Now you've got a one-click resource for local recommendations, meet-ups and more!

Update: I previously forgot to mention that in order to add yourself, you need to log into Google, using your Gmail address. If you don't have one/don't want one, I am happy to add you. Just tell me who and where you are!


View Stitchers! in a larger map

9 comments:

GiddyStuff said...

As a fellow 'Giddy' person, I would love to join your map, but couldn't work out how to do it. I live in Wolverhampton, UK (Near Birmingham) xxx

Carina said...

Hey! This is a great idea!

I'll be sharing it over on the Feeling Stitchy blog. :-)

Bex said...

I am not sure either how to add myself but you can add NDBex to Kansas City :) Great idea!

giddy girlie said...

I'm updating the post now - I just realized that I forgot to mention that you need to be logged into google (using your gmail account) in order to add yourself.

For those of you who asked for help, I'm adding you to the map right now! :)

Donnell said...

I don't have a gmail account. My name is Donnell and I live in Hewitt, Texas. Please add me. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Hi Giddy! Can you please add me? My Flickr name is Feminizzle and I'm in Paris, France. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hi Giddy¡ I;m Paula from Buenos Aires, I don;t use gmail, could you please ad me to the Map? my FB profile is Paula de la V, thank!!!!!!!

nerines said...

Hi Giddy,
I can't work it out either but I would love to be a part of it. I'm in Australia, Tasmania, (New Town - to be precise). Thanks heaps it's really fun and interesting thing to do:))

Антонина said...

Hello, Giddy!
Gladly added myself to your Google map, I like the idea!!! Love your blog!!!!

LinkWithin