Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Big Ethel dot painting

I received a commission order recently to paint Big Ethel from the Archie Comics as a holiday gift. I've never painted an Archie character before and this was a lot of fun! My customer chose the image and the color scheme and I worked quickly to get it done and sent so that it could get to its intended recipient -- I hope she likes it!

I had to take pictures in my office, under fluorescent lights, so the colors aren't 100% true. The background dots of yellow are actually a light, buttery yellow (but look dark and slightly neon in these pics).

Big Ethel - commission painting



Big Ethel - commission painting



. : * ~ * : . _ . : * ~ * : . _ . : * ~ * : .
Interested in owning a piece like this?
Check out my Etsy shop
or email me for a custom order!
. : * ~ * : . _ . : * ~ * : . _ . : * ~ * : .

No comments:

LinkWithin